Hey BlinkStick Forums,
Soon I’m going to be building a very small form factor PC inside of NFC Systems’ S4 Mini case. It’s ~4.7 Liters and doesn’t have a lot of extra room for things like LED controllers or power bricks or what have you.
Because the case has such an open design and my components will be visible, I’d like to make this the first system I include lighting in. I’m trying to find a space-efficient and easy to manipulate RGB lighting solution and I’ve been directed to the BlinkStick from a few users at smallformfactor.net!
I have a few questions about BlinkStick and its available products:
- Am I able to connect any BlinkStick devices directly to a USB 2.0 header on my motherboard? I’ve got two USB 2.0 headers on my motherboard, which I believe are technically two ports each.
- If an adapter is needed, is there any way for me to estimate the height in mm of the adapter plus the BlinkStick’s header (and any “rigid” wiring coming out of it)?
- Can BlinkStick’s software update colors in real-time based off of component thermals?
- I saw there were some settings for controlling individual lights on an LED (strip?), can individual lights react to component temperatures? (Say, one group of lights near the GPU, another group near the CPU.)
- Are there any accessory components like power adapters, power connectors, or ‘controller switches’ necessary for the BlinkStick?