BlinkStick Client 2.0-rc release

Appreciating the update, thank you.

Ambilight doesn’t work for me either atm (win10 64).

One feature request, % for disk usage if possible.
If not I’ll keep plugging away at the rainmeter integration.

Any news concerning the next udpate ?

Getting an appcrash when trying to start this on either of my computers. One is Win7, one is 8.1u. Both will not start and instead crash with this error box:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: BlinkStickClient.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.5850.30507
Problem Signature 03: 568e98d6
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34209
Problem Signature 06: 534894cc
Problem Signature 07: 4527
Problem Signature 08: 105
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.DirectoryNotFound
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any ideas?

Hmmm… normally it could not be after a fresh installation. But please try to delete all the files in this folder:

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\Agile Innovative\BlinkStick\

If nothing helps please try also to uninstall and reinstall as Administrator.

I can’t get this program to start. I installed the latest version but when I try to run it, it does nothing. I don’t see it in processes either. What should I do? Also, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Is there anything in the folder @p0ke has posted about?

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\Agile Innovative\BlinkStick\

Hit Win+R and paste the path to open Windows Explorer.

There is no Agile Innovative folder. Do I need to reinstall?

I think that is the problem then. Try to reinstall (as Admin) and see if something changed and if the folders will appear.

The folder is created when the application is first started. Seems like your crash is more severe which prevents the application to initialize. Can you please try to reinstall again and see if this helps?

I reinstalled as admin but no difference.

Please wait for a new release today which should have a better diagnostics to resolve your issue.

1 Like

Found the problem, and a workaround. The problem is that folder is not being created at install and it needs to be, or the application is failing to understand how to make it.

The workaround( and reason some people work without effort) I discovered by accident this morning. Installing the original 1.0 client creates the needed folder structure, which the 2.0 client happily uses.(I had used only Python prior, so I never had installed the 1.0 client)

1 Like

@jamie96 you are right! Just reproduced it and fixing it in the next release.

Out with on issue, in with another.

Does Ambilight work? I just tried to set it up and…nothing.Other notifications work so its not my blinkstick. Ambilight just doesn’t do anything.

There are issues which are going to be resolved in the next release. Almost ready to publish it.

New RC4 has been released with improvements to ambilight support especially for gaming and other minor fixes. All details in the first post of this thread. Direct download link below:

BlinkStickClient-Setup-2.0-rc4-x86.exe

1 Like

Hey @arvydas,

Ambilight now works for me but with a weird behavior. I´ve tested a color video on youtube. Until my google Chrome has the focus, Ambilight does not work. When I give the focus to the desktop (I have 2 screens) it works.

What I do not understand: You said mirror only works for 8 LEDs. How comes that BlinkStick client triggers 32 LEDs that fast?

@p0ke the client application does not enable mirror mode, it sends the LED data directly to all LEDs as fast as it can to the BlinkStick. Mirror mode relies on a simplified API to control all LEDs at once.

I’ll see if I can reproduce the issue with the Chrome.

Thanks @arvydas that fixed my issue.

rc4 fixed almost everything as for Ambilight. I still experience some issues, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t (i can’t give you more precisions right now)
Disabling/deleting/enabling it from the app still makes the app crash.