Will this work?

I am trying to figure out how to make an LED ring work. Please go easy on me :slight_smile:

I bought this off Amazon โ€“ CHINLY 16 LEDs WS2812B 5050 RGB LED Pixel Ring Lamp Light Individually Addressable Full Dream Color DC5V

I am thinking to conect it to the BlinkStick Pro LED adapter (bundle โ€“ with the BlinkStick Pro).

Here are my questions:

1. The LED ring has three pre-soldered cables on it: 5V+, -, and DI (Data In). I see the 5V and GND connectors on the Blinkstick Pro; where does the DI go? And if there is only a single data cable, will all the colours still be addressable?

2. According to the item, it is 5V. From the pictures of the BS Pro LED adapter, I am not sure what power supply I need โ€“ only 5V, or more? What amperage would I need? And is the inner or outer ring +?

3. Is there anything else I should need to buy to make this work?

Thanks!

Looks like itโ€™d work to me. 5V to 5V, GND to GND, and the middle DATA you can connect to either R, G, or B on the Pro. Iโ€™d connect it to R, I think thatโ€™s channel 0. You only need one wire for data, the first LED passes the message on up the chain.

Donโ€™t get the LED adapter, itโ€™s for chains of single-color LEDs where the entire strip is always the same color. For individually-addressable LEDs like that ring, you only need the Pro itself.

There is a tutorial available:

https://www.blinkstick.com/help/tutorials/blinkstick-pro-adafruit-neopixel-rings

Please note that USB provides only 0.5A of power and your LEDs would not get enough power to run at full brightness. Please make sure you use external 5V power supply.

You will also need to switch BlinkStick PRO mode to WS2812. You can do this with the client application.