Space-Ship-Simulation on Navy-Vessel

Hi,

my team and me are currently building a space ship. It will be build into an old US-Build German Destroyer in Wilhelmshaven. In February we will have 80 people suffer and fight for their survival in an BSG-Themed Live-Action-Roleplaying Event.

I contacted Blinkstick a while ago and now we are runnig short of time but want to make this project as cool as possible.

I really would like to give the GameMasters the power to control the lighting on board with our Software that also simulates the spaceship radar (Dradis) and controls as well as energy-levels and other subsystems.

This week we installed the network and now our programmers are hard at work and i found this great Forum.

Sadly I’m not that good with electronics. I saw this post about the LED adapter. Any ETA on this? I guess this could save us a lot of destroyed LED-Strips. :wink:

Also any help in programming and last minute fixes will be very much appreciated. Just one month to go i hope we can get this to work. :smile:

More Information about our project: www.projekt-exodus.com

And what our CIC looks like when we just throw one uncontrolled LED-Strip without much effort in the Room.
This is WIP

Thanks for your post! This looks like the a terrific project! I have a limited number of LED controller boards, 5m LED strips with double sided tape and power supplies to go with them. This all can be pre-assembled for you so that you don’t have to do any soldering at all. It would be literally just plug-and-play. The only thing you would have to do is to write software to control the colors. Can you please let me know how many of those sets you would need?

Wow. That would be amazing.

For the whole ship 200-300 meters of LED-Strips. :blush: But since our money is not endless i would just give interactive lights to the rooms with active terminals. That would be 7. 8 or 9 to have some spares for emergencies.

Oh and the ships electrics sockets are US(120V) and German (230V). Some rooms have both but not all. We already need a lot of adapters. So having UK-Plugs could make the whole thing complicated and expensive.

I have somebody on the team who could do the soldering if we have to. :wink:

Oh dear, that is a lot of LED strips! :astonished: I currently have only 10 sets of non water proof and another 10 sets of water proof LED strips, but I have plenty of LED adapter boards and BlinkStick Pros. The LED power supplies come with German plugs. I’ll send you a PM in a bit with options of what I can offer for you.

Wilhelmshaven?

Greetings from Oldenburg - It’s a small world, I guess.^^

Wow, a very cool and amazing project!