.Net Core - API

Hi,
I just received a BlinkStick cube and was looking to build an app with .Net Core. I had thought the documentation was for .Net Core but it seems to be just for .net framework. Is there any .Core ports which can be used?

Thanks,

I had the library running on .NET Core our of the box a while back. I have a few RPis on the way today so will check.

1 Like

I just created a .NET Core project, added a reference to BlinkStickDotNet, and wrote a couple of lines of sample code. It seems to build without any errors, but when I run it, it immediately fails, because BlinkStickDotNet uses LibUsbDotNet, and LibUsbDotNet uses System.Windows.Forms, and System.Windows.Forms doesn’t exist in the .NET Core world. Is there a path forward I’m missing?

You say you’ve had it working with .NET Core out-of-the-box, but I’m guessing perhaps that was on a non-Windows host?

I guess this issue still persists… I just tried to make a .Net Standard lib using BlinkStick and it fails because of LibUsbDotNet requiring .Net Framework

It would be great if the Nuget could be updated to work with .Net Standard (which then allows it to run on any other platform as well).

If that is not possible, how can I use it on a Linux System using .Net Core?