Load pre defined patterns

Hello,

We are using BlinkStick Pro and Flex for signalling status for operations on a device.
Is it possible to load pre defined patterns , on the BlinkStick controller, for LEDs and the BlinkStick automatically lights up the LEDs as per pattern when the BlinkStick is connected/powered on?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

I’m wondering the same thing? Either need to assign a pattern and color or use a analog DC trigger to start & stop with hi/Lo state.
I’m pretty sure there isn’t firmware for a standalone stick the functions with power only…

I’m wanting to do that same thing. I have a BlinkStick Square.

Reading the source code for the BlinkStick Pro firmware there doesn’t appear to be any way to do this, even though there is room in eeprom to store 20 complete sets of 8xRGB values.

Is there any way to replace the firmware in a pre-assembled BlinkStick Square?

Predefined pattern feature inside BlinkStick itself is very very complicated. The main reason being that when BlinkStick is sending data to LEDs, it can not communicate with the host USB. If BlinkStick is playing a pattern during startup and OS is booting, it can request information from BlinkStick at any time. If BlinkStick does not respond in a timely manner, then it will mark the device as malfunctioned and will not initialize it properly.

I do have prof of concept pattern playback, but only for one LED. There is a multitasking system in place on BlinkStick firmware that deals with this, but it works only because updating one LED is fast enough not to interfere with USB communication which can come at any time.

Basically, ATTIny85 is just not up for this type of task. May be possible to have two chips: one to do USB communication exclusively and the other one to be dedicated for LED control and this is something that I concidered, but that just makes everything more complicated. My main goal with BlinkStick was to make it do one job: light up LEDs using a computer. It does this very well, but requires a computer to control it.

One thing that can be done and has been implemented in custom firmwares I have built for customers is startup color. BlinkStick can boot up with a preset hardcoded color. I have plans to merge all BlinkStick firmwares into one and create a unified firmware which deals with all BlinkStick devices and has a lot more features.

Hi Avrydas,

Setting all the LEDs to a predefined colour on startup is exactly what I was looking for. Is there a way to do this on my blink stick square through software with the current firmware?