IKEA Dioder is "locked" showing a color

I recently soldered together my BlinkStick Pro with my (new version) IKEA Dioder. It worked prefectly for 2 days. I’ve been programming for it in Python during these days. I’ve pluged and unpluged it several times.

Today when I pluged it in it is stuck on a single color. My computer finds the BlinkStick and I can send commands to it but noting happens with the doids.

Could it be anything else than a wire that has been disconnected for some reason?

Did you solder the 3 resistors as instructed in the Step 4?

Can you please send a picture of your setup?

Yes. And it has been working for two days before it went static.
I can take a picture tonight when I get home :slight_smile:

Cool, I’ll have a look and see if I can give any tips :smile:

It could happen if you are in normal mode instead inverse mode. Does the brightness of the light change?
I would prefer to check this first. If it´s not the inverse mode you´ve burned your controller. It happens to me several times, the new version of the Dioder seems to be very sensitive somehow :frowning:

So, here’s some photos of my setup. Should be according to the guide. And since it worked for a couple of days before it went static I’m primed to believe in pOkes’ theory about a burned controller :frowning:

Since I’m new here I’m not allowed to share images.
Imgur
imgur.com/aOcKeVZ
imgur.com/7kbiD57

I tried the inverse mode first of all when I realized that I had no control of the Dioder. It didn’t help.
The brightness does not change at all. It’s just a constant teal light.

Hi @andreas_cederstrom,

Do the leds turn off when the PC is turned off? And do you only use your own code to control the BlinkStick or do you also have the Client Application running?

The LEDs turn on when I connect the Dioder Controller cable to the cable “hub”.
I only have my own code and the blickstick package installed via pip.

You soldering looks very good. We need to somehow determine which part has failed: MOSFETs or BlinkStick. Would you be able to simply unhook the wires to the dioder and solder some basic LEDs through the resistors? This way we would be able to know if BlinkStick is OK.

Hello again,
I tried your suggestion of unhooking the Dioder and try a single LED. Successfully :smile:
The Blinkstick was OK but I could not get the Dioder to work again. So, yesterday I went back to the one and only, original, IKEA in Älmhult and bougth two new Dioder.
Now I’m back with a fully functional setup again.

Thanks for all your help and good suggestions!