Enclosure for BlinkStick Strip

That looks amazing! Let me know when I can order.
Bryn

It’s ready to order now! :smiley: Here is the link to the shop:

Is there a way to order just the enclosure? Maybe through Shapeways?

@rogerharkavy I can send you one for free if you are OK to wait for 5 days to get there by post from UK :smile:

Thank you, that is very kind! At least let me reimburse you for the shipping. Please send me your PayPal address and I will send you a couple of bucks (pounds).

Amazing! Just when I was thinking about ordering a strip as well! :smile:

Do I just mention in “Additional comments” that I’d like to receive an enclosure when buying through the web-shop?

Are you also thinking of similar enclosure for a regular BlinkStick?

Yep, just add a coment in the checkout. Not sure about the enclosure for the original BlinkStick yet. Any enclosure makes it quite huge :smiley:

I am just thinking about using BlinkStick as apart of a final product. Target audience is software dev teams (BlinkStick would basically notify when something goes bad/good), so being super-pretty isn’t important, but just hiding the electronics would be nice. Sure, maybe just enclosing the current board could be not easily possible.

I only noticed this after I had ordered, is there a way that you could send me one and I can paypal you some cash for your trouble?

thanks
kevin

Hi arvydas, is the offer of an enclosure with a Blinkstick Strip still available?

@ajmallinson yes it still is available!

For everyone else (@27escape and @rogerharkavy ) I’ll contact you directly to arrange shipping for the enclosures :smiley:

Thank you very much!

Thank you from me too!

Received my strips not so long ago and I really like them. And I would like them even more in these nice enclosures. Any way to order only 3 enclosures?

@mischa sent you a PM :smiley:

That’s the correct address! And thanks for the great service!

I have made a custom PCB and attached it on a WS2812 module. Also I printed an enclosure like yours and it looks like a blinkstick strip. Hope you like it.

@ioakar0 that looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Did you hand solder the micro USB? I suppose it was insanely difficult! :fearful:

Yes, the PCB is home made. It was not very difficult actually. The only difficulty I had was a bad copper trace on the PCB connecting the ws2812 module with GND. I fixed it with a jumper (the one crossing the attiny)

That is very cool! Thanks again for sharing :smiley: