Blinkstick Pro WS2812B Problems (first led always on)

Hey i connected the blinkstick pro to 17 WS2812B leds and also tried 34 leds.
it is getting power from the red 5volt molex cable of a computer power supply.
last night it was working perfect and when i tried it today’s its freaking out. every time the molex sends power to the led strip the first led always stays on and there is nothing i can do to turn it off.
also when i click all off in the client multiple times it just blinks and turns on other leds at random. i included a video in the following link

and here is a video of it working fine lastnight

Is your BlinkStick still in mode 2? Did you isolate the Pro so that it didn’t touch the metal case of the PC?

yes still in mode 2 even tried turning it off using the python api and get the same results. even with the blinkstick disconnect when the power-supply goes on the led turns on immediately im thinking it related to my power and strip?

UPDATE: I soldered 3 leds to the blinkstick directly and i have 0 problems so its a power supply issue? i plan on running 64 leds off a molex power cable for different computer that will run on different power supplies is that not possible must i have a dedicated power adapter ?

Hmmm… to avoid interference, a capacitor between + and - of the power should help. It is possible that you burn your LED strip because of the minimal higher current when switching on the power. Then it really has nothing to do with the blinkstick but with the power supply.
You should try without blinkstick at first and see if this could help. I also recommend to try everything with another “external” power supply at first and deploy it to your machine later.

Edit: Capacitor with 1000 uF, 6,3 V

Edit2: Normally a PCs power supply of a mainboard should already have such a filter… So it is just an idea.

Did you connect common ground? It’s very hard to tell from photos…

Looks like the white wire is connected to GND.

white wire is connected to ground on the leds. the problem cant be the blinkstick has to be a power problem… when i use external power for the leds do i still need to ground the blinkstick?

Works fine with 8 leds gething power from usb so the blinkstick and led strip is good

UPDATE: Tried a 3rd power-supply and it works perfect.