Blinkstick nano hardware issue?

Hello,

I’ve just received my 2 Flex and 1 Nano Blinkstick product. I have plugged the nano into my macbook pro and started to play with the led, it was working. I switched the nano USB to another laptop and then i see this error on dmesg:

000393.197416 HS01@14100000: AppleUSB20XHCIPort::resetAndCreateDevice: failed to create device, disabling port
000398.175662 HS01@14100000: AppleUSB20XHCIPort::resetAndCreateDevice: failed to create device, disabling port
000407.005732 HS01@14100000: AppleUSB20XHCIPort::resetAndCreateDevice: failed to create device, disabling port
000407.005752 HS01@14100000: AppleUSBHostPort::disconnect: persistent enumeration failures

Tried to replug it to the initial laptop, and now get that same error. Rebooted, same error. When i plug it, i see the led flashing and then after few second, it flash again. I think its the usb reset.

I’ve started to play with my Flex, wich is perfectly working on both laptop (32 led lighted up). Plug, replug, keep working every time.

I just cannot make the nano work anymore, any advice ? hardware issue ?

Thanks,

Mat

Hey Mat,

welcome to the forums.
An electric shock could have destroyed your nano. All you need for this is touching it while statically charged.
But this is only a guess.
Can you see the device when using the BlinkStick Client?

Hello,

Nope, it don’t see it. well, the electric shock theory may be right yes. I’m a bit surprised, i play every day with an unprotected raspberry pi at this specific place and never had issue with it.

Well, i’ll avoid ordering this specific model. they seem to be a bit too sensible i guess.

Thanks for your help,

Mat

Hey Mat,

I´ve received a prototype of a enclosure for the nano. I think this is the right way to avoid electric shocks. I think this enclosure will be available in the store soon.
I like the nano also and put it in a transparent bag before receiving the enclosure to avoid a direct touch.