BlinkStick Client 2.0-rc release

HI
Not I’m not sure doing something wrong but the Client 2.o rc doesn’t show my Square which is plugged into either of my usb ports. When i plug the square in i get an initial white flash.

You may have to try a different cable. Some of them are charging only and don’t have the wires required to communicate with BlinkStick.

Another report here of the app not opening in macOS Big Sur. It doesn’t fail - the icon appears in the dock, it just doesn’t do anything - no menus, no screen, etc.

Works fine for me on Windows 10 - very delighted with all the new features and whatnot.

I’m also seeing the app fail silently on Mac OS Big Sur — any chance of an update?

You may be waiting a while. I purchased my stick over a year ago and it’s still sitting in a drawer. Arvydas told me an update was imminent- a year ago.

Is this projet still active? I love the product, I bought 6 to date but the application seems bugged. As bradley said, in Overview, we can control individual LED but in patterns, I can’t

The same here. Works well on Windows, silently fails on my mac running macOS high Sierra.

Hello,

Has anyone been able to use the Remote Control feature on Windows in the local network? I’ve tested it when bound to loopback, but no other devices on the network can reach it if I bind it to anything else. Can’t be reached from the network IP, which has me stumped, as literally every other service I have running has worked without issue before.

Not very “remote” when calls only work from localhost, is it?
Any way at all to make this work, or is the feature just not there yet?

Hey guys,

Is this project dead? I use a couple of blink cube for a customer who needs visual notification of emails. Since October, Microsoft disabled basic auth and since then, the application can’t connect. You guys think you could make it compatible with modern auth?

Thanks

Hey! Not dead at all! Will sort this out this week. Thanks for pointing out the issue!

Arvy

1 Like

I opened a topic asking about the blinkstick-python repository. Is that still being actively maintained as well?

Hi all

Purchased this week to use for alerting users to new mail in a shared mailbox via IMAP on an Exchange Online environment. Completely forgot about basic auth being disabled and the IMAP function in the BlinkStick Client doesn’t appear to have been updated to use OAuth. Is there any news on this addition coming for the BlinkStick windows client?

Thank you

1 Like

Were you able to sort it out?

Thanks

@arvydas Any news for us? :slight_smile: