Alternative C API

I found the unofficial C API listed on the homepage somewhat lacking, especially for BlinkStick Strip so wrote a new one:

Hope it can be of use for someone.
Works for me on Linux and Mac OS X with BlinkStick Strip but should work with the other BlinkSticks as well (I hope :wink:

Thanks very much for sharing! Iā€™ll add this to the list of API implementation on the main website if you donā€™t mind :smiley:

Feel free to add it to the list, might always be of use for someone

Ahh, this looks useful . I have a square plus now an IKEA ā€œhackā€ , I have a daemon which drives the square based in a build system status (Jenkins) . Iā€™m trying to get it to work with the IKEA stripā€¦which I can drive fine, I jsut canā€™t see how to determine which device I have . I see you have methods to check that, which Iā€™ll be able to try in the IKEA strip now. Extra kudos for using automake, thanks a lot.

AFYI. I plan to make the daemon into a .deb package soon.

I have bsdaemon ported to use this API. I did also manage to get a .deb produced, during our 2 day hackathon, but itā€™s not as I would like. It just installs the binary. Iā€™d like to get at least the udev rules installed as well. I had a ā€œhalf-mindā€ to make the act of plugging in the USB device actually launch the daemon, but that needs some ā€œthoughtā€ as just monitoring an ā€œemptyā€ file is of little use. Also since the .deb package also installs l the lib and the bs, lsbs etc samples, it may be folks donā€™t intend to run the daemon.