A fix for USB charging bank's low current shutoff

I have number of USB power banks that I use for remote projects where I need continuous power. In one of my projects, the project can be in a low power state and the power bank shuts down because consumption is below a minimum current level.

I was thinking that if I had a BlinkStick that I could program how long between blinks and how long a blink would last, then I could prevent the power bank from shutting off from low current while at the same time minimizing the energy necessary to keep the power bank active.

Has anyone else had this problem and thought about how a blinkstick would help?

Related to
power supplied only powerbank no computer topic.
In my humble opinion, and not knowing sufficient about electronics, this is powerbank-related.
Most powerbanks do not only have an auto shutdown build in to avoid their own powerconsumtion, but they also need a minimum current to be able to generate the desired voltage. That depending on how they are designed.
In contrast to most “fast charge” (and so high current), some pretend to be designed to work with low current. But most time, exact technical specifications are hard to find documented.
More modern powerbanks (and chargers) have a protocol for data exchange on the USB-C port to acknowledge about voltage and power (see All About USB-C: Power Delivery | Hackaday). Maybe there is a path that way ?
As stated in the tread above, blinkstick seems not to have a way to produce a “power only” pattern (no data, “off line” context : it needs to be data driven).
Some blinkstick alike devices have such a setting : a pattern that’s executed when only the power lines are connected and the usb data lines are not used (or not connected), but one I tried did not consume sufficient power to have the powerbank work without interruption.
You could create a more power-draining circuit, but this makes your low power state useless…
Maybe your use case needs a very low power drain powerbank (as for charging earbuds and so) but as specifications probably will lack it will be a trial and error approach.
Maybe you will have to look into some electronic related forums or youtube channels as this is related to how the voltage is generated.
Have you explored a battery as power source : batteries don’t have that minimal current requirement.
OK, then you need main power, and makes a powerbank useless, until you only use the charger at specific time moments : that’s something you also had to do with the powerbank.