Low framerate when using Ambilight

I experience very choppy screen updates/low frame rate when I enable Ambilight in the client application (or using NotfifierLight).

It is very noticeable especially when dragging a windows or playing video.

Anyone else experience this or knows a solution?

What OS are you using? Also, would you be able to give me a bit more details about the hardware you have?

My OS is Windows 8.1.
Screen resolution 1920x1200 pixels.
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
I have three screens but it doesn’t matter if I disconnect two.

I have a Blinkstick Pro hooked up to an Ikea Dioder.
I use the Blinkstick 1.0.1 client software.

Can you try the 1.0.3 version and let me know if there is any change in the frame rate?

https://www.blinkstick.com/system/releases/windows/BlinkStick_Setup_1.0.3.exe

Sorry, no change.

I’ve tried to make an sample video. You can see it cleary when I enable or disable the video and drag the window:

It’s a shame really, because the AmbiLight function would be very cool and the reason I purchased a Blinkstick. This way I’m not going to enable it.

I’ll look into fixing it this week and will let you know when I have a solution.

That would be fantastic.
Thanks for your quick response.

Still hoping this can be fixed.

Also I noticed Ambilight only works with the primary screen, colors on other screens are ignored. And it doens’t work with OpenGL or DirectX such as games or WinAmp visualizations on full screen.

I’m still working on the new version of the client application which will support this. DirectX will be supported, not sure yet about OpenGL.

I’ll let you know as soon as beta is available for download.

Any news yet?

It’s implemented in the latest source code of BlinkStick Client application. The whole capture is based now on DirectX and also works with full screen games. However I’ve only tested this on Windows 7. I should be able to release an alpha version next week.

If I can download the new version, even if it’s in alpha, please let me know.

Spiderwebs are forming on my Blinkstick.

I recommend “Spider Protect”. It could be helpful :smile:

Is there gonna be any update for the Blinkstick Client Software? I’d be really happy to use it with DirectX games.
And the framerate issue is still pretty annoying :confused:
Are you gonna release the alpha for testing?

@voeh1 there is an update and you can download and test it here: